- New York, NY, USA
Were working to change the way wealth is created.
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $113M in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet connects investors to opportunities in alternative asset classes like real estate and litigation finance that were historically unavailable to most. YieldStreet was created because our founders were frustrated by the lack of options regular investors had to participate in asset backed investment opportunities that exist outside of the stock market.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the world’s most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About the Role
YieldStreet is looking for a Data Scientist that crunches numbers in their sleep, and loves finding needles in haystacks. In this role you will manage and build an internal platform to interact with our Investment data. You will be tasked with transforming our massive amounts of financial and user data into predictive models that will push the boundaries of the specialty finance industry. If you are tired of working in a traditional banking setting and want to push the limits in a scaling fin-tech company, apply below.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop explanatory and predictive models from huge financial datasets to build an automated underwriting engine, and from investor behavior to optimize marketing efforts
- You will need to rapidly prototype various algorithmic implementations and test efficacy using appropriate experimental design and hypothesis validation
- Partner with our marketing, product and investments teams with special projects and experiments
- Research new data sources and build proof of concepts
- Partner with our Head of Infrastructure and Data Engineer to build and optimize data pipelines and feedback loops into the models
- Build and maintain processes for ensuring quality and integrity
- MS or PhD in a heavily quantitative field
- 5 -10 years of experience, including experience designing statistical models and research
- Data Architecture and Management (PostgreSQL, Hadoop, Oracle, Hive, Spark, Redshift and/or SQL Server)
- Machine Learning / AI (Decision trees, association rules, neural networks, inductive logic, clustering and classification, Bayesian networks, supervised or unsupervised learning)
- Strong proficiency with SQL and the ability to solve novel segmentation, aggregation and visualization problems from scratch
- Deep Statistical Modeling using major data science tools (Python, R, numPy, Julia, Matlab, Stata, SAS)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills to convey complex concepts in simple terms to key stakeholders
- Experience in one or more of the following areas; Natural language processing, Machine Learning, Question Answering, Text Mining, Information Retrieval, Distributional Semantics and Knowledge Engineering
- Deep knowledge in finance and investing
- Experience building financial models
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays and that’s before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskies at the company bar.
We’re located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.