- New York, NY, USA
We’re working to change the way wealth is created.
YieldStreet is disrupting the trillion-dollar lending and investment industry. We recently raised $113M in financing from world-class venture capitalists to help us scale. Our investor demand is soaring, and our team is expected to double in size this year. Do you have what it takes to join a booming startup that is changing the investment industry?
YieldStreet connects investors to opportunities in alternative asset classes like real estate and litigation finance that were historically unavailable to most. YieldStreet was created because our founders were frustrated by the lack of options regular investors had to participate in asset backed investment opportunities that exist outside of the stock market.
We believe top notch technology and data can help us build the worlds most robust alternative investment platform and create financial independence for all. Join us.
About this role
YieldStreet is looking to expand our data science organization by adding an additional Data Engineer dedicated to our platform. In this role you will be responsible for designing, building and scaling our data infrastructure. You will be the bridge between our engineering, data science and business teams - owning the data stack as well as aggregating, analyzing, predicting, and visualizing data and performance. If you are looking to expand your skillset in one of NYC’s fastest growing startups and work with an extraordinary team, apply below!
What you’ll do
- Partner with our engineering team to build and optimize data pipelines from our database, website analytics, marketing analytics, and other financial data sources
- Build a data warehouse that is easily accessible and understandable for business teams to run saved reports and ad-hoc analysis
- Partner with our data science team to uncover investor and underwriting insights
- Partner with our marketing, product and investments team with special projects and ad-hoc analysis
- Build processes for ensuring data integrity
- BS/MS degree or track record of success in a heavily quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience, including experience designing and scaling data infrastructure, models, and pipelines
- Advanced fluency in SQL, NoSQL & Excel
- Experience with a major coding language (e.g: Python, R)
- Deep knowledge around a variety of data tools and technologies including data warehouse and data visualization
What Makes You Successful
Own and Execute:
- Gets things done, with both a short and long-term view in mind
- Be able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to re-prioritize on a consistent basis
- Exemplary planning and organizational skills, along with a high attention to detail
Decide with Data:
- Be pragmatic and outcome-oriented, leveraging data to make decisions
- Detect new or missed opportunities that will help YieldStreet grow and improve regularly
- Be able to package data so it can be easily digested, analyzed and reacted to
- Bring a focus of YieldStreet’s vision to your day to day tasks
- Bet on your strengths; allow these skills to be absorbed by leaders on your team to make an impact
- Be known for authenticity, honesty, and integrity
- Never take no for an answer, be able to dissect an issue and come up with creative solutions
- Ask questions. At YieldStreet we believe that progress stops when you stop asking questions
- Focus on team collaboration and communication
We offer an attractive market salary, stock option plan, health & dental benefits, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays and that’s before you even step in the office!
This is an opportunity to work with a group of diverse, smart, and friendly people from 8 different countries who speak a total of 17 different languages. Our team is comprised of successful entrepreneurs with combined exits of over $1B, and we get social with each other during happy hours in our work hard/play hard culture. Make sure you get to know Diver the fish, and help yourself to a variety of top tier scotch and whiskies at the company bar.
We’re located in a beautiful new office in Midtown, our building is close to most major subway lines.