What is WorkMarket?
WorkMarket, an ADP company, provides a cloud-based Freelance Management System (FMS) that is used by today’s biggest companies to organize, manage and pay their freelancers and independent contractors.
As the industry’s #1 FMS, WorkMarket helps some of the most well known enterprises today to organize, manage and pay every aspect of their flexible workforce -- all in one platform.
We provide UI extensibility through an SDK, an enterprise-scale API, advanced algorithm-based talent discovery and management, tasks and payments workflow customization, and financial reconciliation and compliance.
For more about ADP acquisition of WorkMarket, please see https://www.workmarket.com/press/adp-acquires-workmarket
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. We’re looking for brilliant engineers, technologists and software developers to join us on a mission of a lifetime: to power the future of work.
From New York to Boston to Toronto -- the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
If you are the type of person who likes to get your hands dirty but also has a desire to participate in architecture and/or product strategy conversation, WorkMarket offers a unique, startup-like experience where you will have plenty of opportunities to get involved.
Check out our engineering blog.
Learn more about our diversity and inclusion efforts here.
What we are looking for?
Every day, thousands of professionals use WorkMarket, an ADP Company, to support the on-demand needs of large organizations. With the Freelance economy expanding at an ever-faster pace, its propulsion has influenced the traditional means of how work gets done. Understanding the impact this groundswell is having on the modern day economy requires synthesizing data…lots and lots of data. Consequently, we produce iceberg-sized data and – if you’ll excuse the metaphor – we’re only at the tip of analyzing it all.
In the Data Analyst role, you’ll work with the Head of Data & Analytics and in collaboration across all corporate functions, to build dashboards, reporting tools, ad-hoc queries, and detailed analysis. This includes adapting our data warehouse and reporting tools to match our fast-paced business needs. Further, you will help shape how our teams and user base consume data on a real-time basis.
- Developing data models to capture and report on KPIs
- Building dashboards and tools to support our internal teams
- Exploring our data to uncover meaningful insights in changes to help drive company growth
- Contextualizing data for a variety of audiences, internally and externally
- A myriad of data projects as needs arise
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Experience with BI tools (Tableau, Looker, et al)
- Demonstrated interest in exploring data and extracting valuable insights. (Show us your favorite visualizations!)
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting expertise
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift)
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
Bonus points for
- Experience with version control and shell commands (git, github, SSH, *nix, etc.)
- Python for Data Analysis (pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Java and Tomcat
- Database/query performance optimization
- Comfort with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, et al)
- Experience with data warehousing (Stars and Snowflakes!)
- Knowledge of SaaS-based business
- Enterprise-grade data and systems knowledge
- Tolerance for the occasional data cleansing