Location: 240 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
What is WorkMarket?
Every day, thousands of professionals use WorkMarket, an ADP Company, to support the on-demand needs of large organizations. With the Freelance economy expanding at an ever-faster pace, its propulsion has influenced the traditional means of how work gets done. Understanding the impact this groundswell is having on the modern-day economy requires synthesizing data…lots and lots of data. Consequently, we produce iceberg-sized data and – if you’ll excuse the metaphor – we’re only at the tip of analyzing it all.
As a Data Analyst , you’ll work with the Head of Data & Analytics and in collaboration across all corporate functions, to build dashboards, reporting tools, ad-hoc queries, and detailed analysis. This includes adapting our data warehouse and reporting tools to match our fast-paced business needs. Further, you will help shape how our teams and user base consume data on a real-time basis.
Why you should join us?
WorkMarket is one of NYC’s fastest-growing companies and was recently acquired by the most trusted name in human capital management, ADP. From New York to Toronto – the entire WorkMarket team is committed to building powerful enterprise software that can help the biggest companies on the planet work smarter and faster.
WorkMarket offers the vibe of a startup with the resources of a Fortune 500 company, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to help drive our product and technology strategy. Our dynamic team of engineers are passionate about what they do and have fun along the way.
- Developing data models to capture and report on KPIs
- Building dashboards and tools to support our internal teams
- Exploring our data to uncover meaningful insights in changes to help drive company growth
- Contextualizing data for a variety of audiences, internally and externally
- A myriad of data projects as needs arise
- 2+ years of experience as a Data Analyst
- Experience with BI tools (Looker, Tableau, et al)
- Demonstrated interest in exploring data and extracting valuable insights
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting expertise
- Proficiency in SQL, preferably across a number of dialects (we commonly write MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Redshift)
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
Bonus points for
- Experience with version control and shell commands (git, github, SSH, *nix, etc.)
- Python for Data Analysis (pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Java and Tomcat
- Database/query performance optimization
- Comfort with the AWS ecosystem (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift, et al)
- Experience with data warehousing (Stars and Snowflakes!)
- Knowledge of SaaS-based business
- Enterprise-grade data and systems knowledge
- Tolerance for the occasional data cleansing