Table column width bug

visualizations
bug
low_priority
done
dashboards
(Matthew Chatham) #1

Hello! I’ve noticed an odd bug with column widths in dashboard table elements, where the widths get misaligned. See image:

As you can see, the column widths in the table body don’t match the table widths in the headers. This appears to happen when the table is loaded from the cache, as it disappears when I click Clear Cache & Refresh. However, I can’t seem to reproduce this reliably, as it doesn’t always happen when the table is loaded from cache.

Has anyone else experienced this? Solutions?

Thanks!

-Matthew

0 Likes

(Ryan Dunlavy) #2

Hey @mchatham, would you be able to visit help.looker.com with the details of the browser and operating system you are using, as well as your version of Looker? Thanks!

Ryan

0 Likes

(Matthew Chatham) #3

Sure thing. Thanks Ryan.

0 Likes

(Kyle Webb) #4

We have this same issue - how were you able to resolve it?

0 Likes

(Ian) #5

I spotted this once as well, reloaded page and it fixed itself. Will keep and eye out for it again and take a screenshot

1 Like

(Matthew Chatham) #6

@Kyle_Webb @IanT it was not resolved

0 Likes

(Kyle Webb) #7

I spoke to Support and the engineering team knows about it (maybe from when you raised it) but no ETA on a fix yet.

Yeah it happens to us quite frequently. If it does happen, one way to get it to “reset” is to scroll down in the table, then the columns will suddenly re-align. Or, as I just found out, resizing the browser window will also work.
But not really a good solution for our end users (who are paying clients).

2 Likes

(Matthew Chatham) #8

Yup, that’s what I found as well. Good additional info that resizing will fix it too! Thanks.

0 Likes