Location: London, United Kingdom
Join Supersolid’s data analytics team, and take a key role in the continued growth of our live games and the successful launches of new games. With your analysis, our teams (product, marketing, art, engineering etc.) will make better informed decisions. We also continually re-evaluate our analytics stack, aiming to have an industry-leading approach. This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact on a highly respected and fast-growing mobile games studio.
You will be working especially closely with senior management, other data analysts, product managers, and the marketing team. You will help develop regular reports but also help lead deeper explorative analyses to directly shape the future direction of our games. The ability to clearly articulate hypotheses, run complex SQL queries to mine the wealth of data we collect, and present findings and suggestions is also critical to the role. You will be expected to be proactive in contributing data-backed recommendations for our gaming titles.
In the medium to long term, there will be exciting opportunities to further develop and grow other data-related skills, including BI data modelling (to help develop our internal stack), and machine learning (using data to automatically serve better tailored experiences to each player).
- Writing and maintaining SQL queries and SQL-driven dashboards
Delivering accurate, insightful and actionable analysis to the rest of the company, including Product Managers and Performance Marketers
- Creating self-conducted deep-dive reports, mining available behavioural data to spot barriers to and opportunities for improved performance
- Designing, implementing and testing event tracking to ensure that event data is clean and accurate
- Assisting in designing and assessing the results of split testing experiments conducted in our games
- Creating and using data models to help identify and predict places where players will churn to assist in improving our games’ retention metrics
Requirements / Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills with 2+ years experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Adept at report writing and presenting findings
- Strong experience in creating SQL queries
- Experience with designing and setting up dashboards in BI tools
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (SPSS, SAS, R or Python) is highly desired
- Some knowledge of or interest in data modelling, data cleansing, and data enrichment techniques, while not necessary, is also desirable
- Experience working within the games industry (especially on mobile / free-to-play games) is highly desirable
If you are interested in joining Supersolid, please email us!
- Please note that you need to be entitled to work in the UK. If you are not sure about your eligibility, please find out more information about working in the UK from GOV.UK.