subtotal error impedes schedule

query failed: Requested subtotal on field [explore.field] but it was not in the grouping fields. Subtotal ignored.

This causes a schedule not to send, even if it is one or two tiles that error. Can there be the possibility of the tile not appearing in the rendered job, or for it to show as an ‘error’ tile?

On that point, this instance was where I filtered on a date but didn’t return it as a field on my table, I’m not sure why it would need to be in the group by if it is only a filter?

Thanks!

0 4 627
4 REPLIES 4

We don’t have a record of that error, so we’ll take a closer look at why that might have happened-- Could you send over some more info about the failure (if you can recreate the tile, that’d be great) to us via support.looker.com?

I’ve passed along your comment about letting schedules send even if there are tile failures. Thanks!

Sorry @izzymiller this feels like so long ago now and I haven’t seen it since. If I do I’ll be sure to post the detail here

@izzymiller was there ever a solution found for this? I’m having the same issue in not being able to send a PDF of my dash. Not certain of the root error but I also use a date dimension to filter that is not included in my data table, so assume the same as mentioned above.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors