Subscribing to Events from Looker?

Hi all,

I am in the process of integrating looker embedded into our multi-tenant saas offering. We want a lot of control over what individual users can access and what they can do, so we are going to create a middleware to bridge the 2 systems.

One of the things I would like to be able to do is consume the looker events so we can build our own space/search ui in the middleware. I am trying to figure out what would be the best approach to do this. So far the options are:

• Use the looker api to query i__looker events. Requires setting up a polling job that builds and executes a query. Certainly manageable.
  • Create a query in the looker api and schedule it to send to s3 or webhook (lambda). Makes the polling looker’s concern, but can only send once every 5 minutes based on scheduler frequency. Not a fan of this approach as it is just a slower version of polling that we have less control over.
  • As out looker is clustered and self-hosted, the mySql db is available to directly query. This could be polled or triggers could be used to stream directly to lambda/s3. Yay for real time events but massive downside in relying on looker to not alter this db too much.

None of these are perfect solutions. Ideally the perfect solution would be to configure looker to send all events to a webhook or SNS/SQS as they happen, but pretty sure that cannot be done.

Has anyone else tried to stream event data from looker? Anyone have any recommendations?

1 0 167