Slack is looking for an BI Analyst to join our Business Technology Data and Analytics Team to help drive the understanding of product, user acquisition & expansion, and success of the selling Slack’s products. This person will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with business partners to understand the business strategy and build out dashboards/scorecards to provide insights for better decisions and self-serve for smarter operation. They will be solving business problems, collaborating across teams, and passionate about having a huge impact on a growing team.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Collaborate across Marketing, Product teams and business leaders to understand business questions that data can answer to drive insights
- Build and manage dashboards, scorecards, and other analytical services
- Develop analytics solutions that bring analytics to life using design thinking concepts
- Design, build and automate key business metrics into one visualization to tell a story
- Build processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
What you should have
- Minimum of 3 years of analytics experience working with Marketing organizations
- 3+ Years’ experience with modern analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Qlik, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Science or related area)
- Experience working with Data Engineering teams
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce, Marketo Cloud, gainsight, xactly is a plus
- Experience in scripting with SQL, extracting large sets of data, and design of ETL flows
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Design thinking concepts or other visualization concepts that drive story-telling
- Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage small technology projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others towards the same outcome and drive results
- Ability to operate as the point of contact for the business partner
- Ability to work in diverse, fast paced environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Python/R and other analytics languages is a plus