Hi Analytics Gurus!
Slack is looking for an BI Analyst to join our IT Data and Analytics Team to help drive the understanding, growth, and success of the selling Slack’s products. This person will have deep technical skills to complement their analytical experience and will be comfortable working with business partners to understand the business strategy and build out dashboards/scorecards to provide insights for better decisions. They will be solving business problems, collaborating across teams, and passionate about having a huge impact on a new team.
- Collaborate across Finance & Sales teams with business leaders to understand business questions that data can answer to drive insights
- Build and handle dashboards, scorecards, and other analytical services across Slack using financial data
- Understand the needs to grow slack’s revenue, market share, and forecasting processes in order to provide the right metrics and analytics for users
- Develop analytics solutions that bring analytics to life using design thinking concepts
- Integrate multiple data sources into one visualization to tell a story
- Design, build and automate key business metrics
- Build processes and standards that build trust with data and provide consistent metrics across the organization
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with Finance or Sales processes supporting analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Systems or related area
- 3+ Years’ experience with modern analytics, tools such as Looker, Tableau, OBIEE, etc.
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce, Workday, Marketo Cloud, Gainsight, Xactly, and ability to operate as the point of contact for the business partner
- Organization skills; demonstrable ability to lead small technology projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills to work with others towards the same outcome and get results
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction and self-training
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives at a time
- Ability to work in diverse, dynamic environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- SQL/python/R and other analytics languages a plus
- Knowledge of visualization concepts that drive story-telling
Slack is the collaboration hub of choice for companies of all sizes, all across the world. By using Slack, they ensure that the right people are always in the loop, that key information is always at their fingertips, and new team members can get up to speed easily. With Slack, teams are better connected.
Launched in February 2014, Slack is the fastest growing business application ever and is used by thousands of teams and millions of users every day. We currently have nine offices worldwide, in San Francisco, Vancouver, Dublin, Melbourne, New York, London, Tokyo, Toronto and Denver.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Slack’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Come do the best work of your life here at Slack.