Simple Use Cases for the Extension Framework

Hello,

I was looking into the documentation of the Extension Framework and I wanted to ask for your advice.

Internally, I’m receiving a lot of requests to build more advanced dashboards, including real navigation menu offering a clear path into the analytics workflow.

Therefore, I was thinking about the possibilty to use the extension framework to do that. For example, reusing the Web Analytics Application UI but replace all the dashboards inside, change the menu, options etc…
Do you think it is in the “spirit” of how the Extension framework should be used?
And if yes, what would it imply in terms of development steps? I don’t necessarily master typescript./React to build a complete js app by myself so I was wondering if the system is enough plug and play to allow reusing a skeleton of an existing app and update some portions of the code to get things going 😉 Maybe I’m dreaming but we never know! 😉

Beyond that, how are we supposed to handle an Extension Framework Project? Because at the end, we are mixing UX and data models/Dashboard, so which kind of teams should be involved in this kind of app project : Analytics + front end? But in that case, it means the front end team should learn how the framework works which could be a barrier I think?

Thanks a lot for your advice!
Anthony

3 0 191
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors