Reporting first instance of tag change

(Nic Galindo) #1

Hi all. My company users Looker to manage messaging and push notifications data for our app. Please forgive me for lack of clarity/detail in explaining the issue - I’m a new user with no training, and only a few hours of self-guided learning/discovery per week.

I’m trying to create a report that shows how many users have opted out of push notifications on each day within a specified time frame.

Right now I’m filtering on the Dimension - Tag Event Notification Opt-In is equal to FALSE and also the Dimension - Tag Event Tag Action is equal to ADD

In the results I’m seeing, some users are being repeated every day, which I understand because every session, they’re reporting their opt-in status… but how do I get my report to return only the day when their Tag Event Notification Opt-In went from TRUE to FALSE?

Thanks much

(Andrew Rose) #2

Hi Nic!

It sounds like you’re trying to get the minimum date for each user where Notification Opt-In is FALSE. The best way to do this is probably by creating a measure in your LookML model, as described in this Discourse post: https://discourse.looker.com/t/max-or-min-date-measure/152. With your current filters on Notification Opt-In and Tag Action this should give you the report that you’re looking for!

However, this issue may end up being a little bit more complex than that. If you need additional help, please feel free to email us at support@looker.com or speak with our live chat support by going to the Help > Chat menu in your Looker instance.

Have a great day! Best,
Andrew

(Nic Galindo) #3

Thanks for your quick response Andrew. Unfortunately, I don’t have access to LookML, so I will have to work with my vendor to implement.

Also, I looked at the complete user histories for sample Android and iOS users, and noticed that Android users are reporting their opt-out status every day, but iOS users are not… have any insight on why that is?

(wishing we can just tell the Android users to stop reporting every day unless there is a tag change)

Thanks much
Nic