Summary of Role
As a Reporting Analyst, you’ll be building and maintaining a portfolio of reports for internal clients. You’ll play a pivotal role in establishing our global center of excellence for business intelligence and analytics.
The ideal candidate is organized, self-directed, and intellectually curious. Prior experience with data pipelines and databases is not required, but you should be a quick learner. While this is a technical role, it’s equally important that you’re empathetic and customer focused. You’ll need to understand the difference between the right data and best data available and be comfortable explaining the difference.
We’re currently rolling out Looker, our business intelligence tool, and this is a great opportunity to learn by doing. If you have a passion for problem-solving and are extremely detail oriented, then this position is right for you.
- Use Looker to build and maintain a portfolio of on-going reporting for internal stakeholders
- Support our strong relationships with cross-functional teams
- Develop strong hypotheses, independently solve problems, and share insights in a clear and simple way
- Design, develop, and deliver high quality reports on an ad hoc basis
- Comfortable working with large and cumbersome datasets
- Detail oriented
- Relatively equal levels of interest in: the preparation of data, report creation, report maintenance, and the presentation of data
- Strong familiarity with Excel - an understanding of pivot tables, vlookups, and nested if statements is important
- Either a basic knowledge of SQL or an interest in deepening your skill set
- Willingness to learn new languages, including LookML, Looker’s proprietary language
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and translate customer needs into business insights and dashboards
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Preferred majors: Economics, Applied Math, Statistics, Finance, Psychology, Sociology, any liberal arts major with a strong quantitative background
- Experience with Looker
- Prior experience in a data analytics role or equivalent
- Familiarity with data visualization and related best practices
- Prior experience with agile methodology
- Any prior mentoring, coaching, or teaching experience is a plus.
Click here to apply.
Working for Puppet
Puppet is leading the movement that will define the next decade of software.
Today it’s characterized by the general realization that for companies to remain relevant, they have to constantly provide great software to their users.
Tomorrow it’s defined by a world of frictionless software change – where any company can deliver a better experience to their users, at any moment.
We’re building a world of unconstrained software change. Where the software that powers everything around us is always available, is constantly modern, and accessible from anywhere
The company is growing fast and we're determined for everyone here to have a real impact on the company and our customers every day. We're driven and restless. We encourage creativity and collaboration. By challenging each other, we foster continuous improvement.
Here at Puppet, our values are our "culture code" and guide all that we do. They embody who we are as a team, as a community, and as a business. That’s why we hire carefully for individuals who clearly represent our company values. That means being connected to the communities we serve (around the globe and online), having an understanding that candid conversations can drive innovation, those who know how to ask themselves the right questions to drive customer benefit, and those who understand that the many people, perspectives and places that makeup our company are key to our success.
Puppet offers excellent health benefits for employees and family, a flexible time-off policy (that we do insist you use), and a variety of methods to grow your skills and further your career. We have employees all around the US, the UK, Sweden, Canada, the Czech Republic and Australia. Our headquarters in downtown Portland, Oregon, is one block off Tom McCall Waterfront Park with views of Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens and the Willamette River.
More than 30,000 companies — including more than two thirds of the Fortune 100 — use Puppet’s open source and commercial solutions to achieve situational awareness and drive software change with confidence. We power companies including Twitter, Yelp, Disney, Google, Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, Salesforce, Bank of America and PayPal.
Our investors include Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, VMware, Google Ventures, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners.
Puppet is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact +1-877-575-9775 for assistance.