Nested (nested.com) is hiring a data analyst (aka bi analyst / bi engineer), to help us build our London based Data Driven Estate Agency!
Full job description:
Who we are
At Nested, we are transforming the UK estate agency market. We combine London’s best estate agents with industry-leading technology. The result is that we sell smarter than any other agent; with more transparency for our customers, predictable timelines for their sale and a cash advance that gives homeowners the power of being chain-free.
Backed by Europe’s leading VC’s, we are proudly building a diverse team, driven by a shared mission of re-inventing how homes are bought and sold. We are looking for individuals who embrace innovation, champion excellence and are motivated by a fast-paced, problem-solving culture. If that’s you, then come and make your “nest” at Nested.
Data is at the heart of everything we do at Nested, and we are proudly building a data-backed agency for the 21st Century. Our growing Data team of engineers, analysts and scientists is at the forefront of this push, helping identify and drive business improvements plus develop data-driven products, for every aspect of customer journeys, both when selling and buying property.
Joining as an experienced data analyst, you will hit the ground running across the full breadth of a modern analytical workflow:
- Our analysts are strongly embedded in software engineering best practices – you will work across a full stack of ETL tools, data modelling (we use dbt) and BI tools (we use Looker), defining all of our models and metrics in code via Github, and delivering through Agile/Kanban methodologies
- Our analysts are business-facing – you will interact with almost all aspects of the organisation including software engineering, marketing, customer acquisition, property sales, underwriting, digital product, and finance; understanding their needs, prioritising requests and defining our roadmap
- Our analysts are enablers and problem-solvers – you will create leverage by surfacing relevant information to the business to inform their decision-making, as well as providing timely, actionable insights from data analysis (& there’s no shortage of interesting questions to answer!)
- Our analysts are evangelists – building a data-driven organisation does not just happen, so you will be visibly championing self-serve analytics and data-informed decision making
This is a role where you will be expected to contribute immediately, which is why we expect that you will be intimately familiar with at least one end of our analytics workflow spectrum, either:
- As an “analytics engineer” fluent in SQL (& perhaps Python or R) with plenty of experience in ETL and data modelling; or
- As a “traditional analyst” who understands data visualisation techniques & tools, excels at reporting & delivering insightful dashboards, and is proficient at deep-dive strategic analysis
Our ideal candidate is also likely to demonstrate they are:
- Analytically curious
- Business-savvy, with a focus on those projects which will ‘move-the-needle’
- Comfortable owning projects from start-to-finish
- Eager to learn, and constantly developing professionally
- Fantastic communicators, working closely with other teams, maintaining open stakeholder communications, and telling the story behind the data when delivering analysis
- Keen to work at a high-growth startup building sophisticated analytics and working on an interesting problem in a huge market
Finally benefits! It wouldn’t be a job description without a benefits section. We believe our values set us apart and are our biggest benefit. We take them very seriously and they’re at the core of everything we do. Beyond our values we have some other great perks to tell you about.
- We pay competitively with regular pay reviews
- Generous option grant so you get to own a piece of the pie
- 4% employer pension contribution (Welplan as our provider)
- Health insurance which includes gym discounts, health and dental care
- Get some well-deserved rest with 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working, most of the team work from home one day a week (WFH Wednesdays). We care about if you do your job, not where
- Healthy tech budget for the perfect work set-up
- Generous personal development budget focused on employee growth (£1,000 per person per year)
- Breakfast, coffee and snacks are all on hand in the office to keep you fuelled
- Catered Friday lunch plus monthly team events
- Plus, if you’re ever buying or selling a home we’re pretty good at helping with this as well
Nested is proud to be an equal opportunities employer:
At Nested we embrace diversity and see it as a benefit to our company. That’s why we’re committed to hiring top talent regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or status as an individual with a disability.