Hey, I’m Ash and I look after the Tech recruitment for MVF. Please find the link to apply here https://grnh.se/a1d83a0c1
OR, feel free to get in touch for more info email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you!
MVF’s Technology team vision is to create industry leading products in the areas of publishing, customer acquisition, mass channel marketing automation, global consumer scale CRM, petabyte sized analytics, call centres and internal processes. We expect much of MVF’s growth to come from great ideas our team members generate, with our collaborative approach accelerating their delivery. We strongly believe it is our team that can deliver this impact.
At MVF, data is at the heart of everything we do. The Data Team is responsible for sifting through the noise and discovering the signals that drive change in the business. We are a cross-functional agile data team of data analysts, engineers and a product manager that works across all areas of the business to enable each team to make smarter, data-informed decisions.
From optimising marketing campaigns for maximum profitability to predicting client lifetime value. We utilise the latest cloud technologies (Looker and Snowflake) for data storage and analysis, work with varied data sources that power our commercial teams and deliver insight through a single source of truth.
We are now investing in the development of a world class engineering function at MVF and part of this, of course, is a world class Data team. As our team has scaled we realise the opportunity to install a dedicated Business Intelligence Manager to drive team improvements, ensure team focus and deliver against our plans.
This is key strategic role within Engineering and we are looking for highly motivated individuals to help us achieve our vision.
This is a perfect role for an ambitious Business Intelligence Manager looking to take the next step in a growing Engineering management team.
- Line manage 3-6 engineers against our management framework
- Train and coach others in the department to become team leads and tech leads
- Work with our People Team to grow the cross functional team of engineers
- Create a learning environment
- Mentor and coach engineers
- Help improve our lean and agile development processes
- Lead daily stand-ups with engineers, QA, UX, Business owners and Product managers
- Lead retrospectives and planning sessions
- Ownership of team cycle times, throughput and defect rates
- Communicate with Business Owners, Product Managers, Stakeholder and other engineers on development progress
- Deliver, from concept to support, measurable business value through your team’s engineering effort.
- Communicate progress within the team, spot issues as they arise and facilitate solutions to these
What Success Looks Like:
- The Analytics team and wider business are bought into a compelling vision and journey for our Business Intelligence product
- MVF’s enterprise data is available in the data warehouse in as close to real-time as possible, with a high degree of data integrity
- Data Engineering/Business Intelligence are seen as core to MVF’s success and aligned commercially to business priorities, both in decision making and responsiveness to business need
- Individual engineers understand their commitment to delivery
- Engineers have a clear career progression plan and are supported through this
- Team cycle time and throughput is captured and a process to actively affect it implemented
- Engineering can hire quality staff on-demand
Our Ideal MVFer:
- Has proven leadership skills as a line manager and coach to at least 3 engineers
- Has very strong coding background
- Has experience of working in a lean and agile team with strong focus on continual improvement
- Has experience of building a team; devising job specs, interviewing and selling the company
- Is commercially astute
- May have experience with TDD and continuous deployment
We are one of the fastest growing technology companies in the UK. After coming #1 in the Sunday Times Tech Track (growing by 278% per annum over its first four years), we have tripled in size again. We now employ over 400 staff in the UK and USA and conduct marketing activities in more than 120 countries.
We transform how businesses find new customers and are on a mission to build one of the world’s most innovative digital marketing platforms. Hiring world-class people helps us to achieve this.
Our MVF Values
As well as providing a fun and inspiring workplace, we have clear values that inform everything we do, ensuring all of our teams are driving to be world class, constantly innovating and inspiring positivity in their colleagues. We don’t just talk about our values, we live them.
- Drives to be World Class
- Works Smart and Delivers Fast
- Loves Innovation
- Helps Others Succeed
- Earns Trust
- Inspires Positivity
If you know you have what it takes to manage a team of exceptional engineers, then please apply now .