Looker 7 Release schedule

From release notes, I see Looker 7 had a release rollout starting on Jan 12 and has a release final on Jan 23rd. I am good with all that.

I am on a hosted site and to be honest, in the past I’ve never paid attention to the exact date when we got a new release. However, this time I am. While it’s not a big deal, I’m trying to understand exactly when I might get 7.0. I see the maintenance hours for America’s is Sunday and Wednesday evenings. So is it logical to assume I would get 7.0 on Wednesday evening?

0 2 171
2 REPLIES 2

This is a hard question to answer at scale because we do not update every single Looker host at once, rather it’s a rolling process that covers the window you referenced. For you, specifically, I can confirm that you should be getting 7.0 during your maintenance window this Sunday evening.

This may not apply to everyone else reading this post, though, so don’t count on that— And to keep me from drowning, please don’t all dogpile in asking when your specific rollout timeframe is 🙂.

I did just chat with our release czar about this and she agrees it’d be neat to have a way for admins to self-serve that information, but nothing specific is planned yet.

Thanks, I do indeed see the update this morning.