Anticipated Deployment Dates
Release Rollout Begins: April 7, 2019
Release Final & Download Available: April 18, 2019
In addition to general tweaks and enhancements, this release comes with new and improved features in the following categories. Read on for more detail.
- New box plot, waterfall, word cloud, and an experimental table visualizations
- The Content Validator now covers dashboard filters and listeners
- OAuth support for the Action Hub
- Localization support for seven new languages
Preparing for Release
Please take notice of items marked with a as they indicate changes to existing functionality and may require your attention. For more information see the Legacy Feature Updates and Features by Section below.
Experimental and Beta Features
The following new and improved experimental and beta features are marked with a :
- Introduced the experimental “subtotal table” visualization
- Promoted API 3.1 from “experimental” to “beta”
- Fields used in non-Look tiles are now tracked in the System Activity model and dashboards
- Added descriptions to the remaining fields in the beta System Activity model and dashboards.
- Improved drill fields in the beta System Activity model and dashboards
Three (or four) New Visualizations
By popular request, we’ve added three new standard visualizations and a fourth Labs revamp of the table visualization. Use the new box plot to show distributions in value, use the waterfall to help understand the cumulative effect of positive and negative values, and highlight the most popular values with the new word cloud. The new table visualization has native subtotals and adjustable and freezable columns.
Features by Section
Dashboards, Visualizations, and Explore
- Box plot
- Word cloud
- Experimental new table visualization
- Reverse the colors. Added an option to reverse the order of a color palette when multiple series are present in a visualization.
Platform and Administration
- Introduced Oauth for the Action Hub. New actions may be built with OAuth, allowing users to authenticate as themselves to take action in another application.
- New default password requirements. New and reset passwords will be subject to the following requirements: minimum length 10 characters, at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter, one numeric character, and one special character. Learn more.
- New language support. Expanded current language support to include Spanish, Italian, Korean, Dutch, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, and Russian.
System Activity model and dashboard improvements
- Fields used in non-Look tiles are now tracked in the model and dashboards.
- Added descriptions to the remaining fields in the model.
- Improved drill fields in the System Activity model and dashboards.
- Promoted API 3.1 from “experimental” to “beta”.
- Added the ability to disable Gravatar user account profile pictures. Learn more.
LookML and Development
- The Content Validator now covers dashboard filters and listeners.
- Addressed a vulnerability that allowed for access to other users’ scheduled deliveries.
- Addressed a vulnerability related to the sanitization of SQL Runner downloads.
- Newly created instance will default to having “Clickjacking Protection” enabled on the Embed Admin page. Existing instances will retain their selected values.
General Tweaks and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Looker generated invalid SQL for Dremio.
- Fixed an issue where Looker generated incorrect SQL for relative date filters on Druid.
LookML and Development
- Added a link to the “import credentials” project settings tab when the LookML Validator warns that a dependency lacks credentials.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in “Document Not Found” messages when selecting “View Document” to see a document outside of the IDE.
- Custom fields no longer unnecessarily trigger Symmetric Aggregates.
- Fixed an issue where developers could not see certain models connected to local git repositories.
- Fixed an issue where the Content Validator could group errors by the wrong space.
- Fixed an issue where the Content Validator did not flag errors produced by fields being excluded using
fields: at the join level.
- Fixed an issue where the LookML Validator failed to detect inaccessible native derived table fields.
- Added validation to properly protect against duplicative model names issues.
Fixed an issue where project import would include all view files in a project when it should just include the root with
Scheduling and Downloading
- Improved mailer stability by retrying schedules after a timeout period.