Anticipated Deployment Dates
Release Rollout Begins: February 11, 2018
Release Final & Download Available: February 26, 2018
In addition to general tweaks and enhancements, this release comes with new and improved features in the following categories. Read on for more detail.
Preparing for Release
Please take notice of items marked with a as they indicate changes to existing functionality and may require your attention. For more information see Features by Section below.
order by in API Queries
Sorting a SQL query can be costly to performance on certain databases. We’ve introduced the capability to turn off the
order by clause when creating queries via the API or downloading queries for users who want to avoid the extra pressure a sort can put on their database.
Features by Section
ORDER BYin API Queries. Introduced the option to turn off sorts for downloaded and API queries for users on Hive-based databases.
Platform and Administration
Deletebutton with the
Disablebutton on User Management page to reduce the risk of accidental user deletion. Learn more.
Fixed a bug with the
see_userpermission in closed system configurations. Non-Admin users on closed systems with the
see_userpermission are now able to see all looker users rather than those in their same user group.
General Tweaks and Bug Fixes
- Dashboards, Visualizations, and Explore
- Fixed a bug where Merged Results negatively affected the Filter-Listener modal.
- Fixed a bug where resizing Dashboard Tiles changed layouts.
- Fixed a bug with monotone line charts.
- Fixed a bug where URLs were not updating when merging results.
- Fixed a bug where Dashboard Tiles were not reliably updating after being edited.
- Fixed a bug with Table Calculations on Merged Results.
- Fixed a bug with sorting by
Day of the Weekin Explore.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in lost progress in Custom Filters upon hitting
- Fixed a bug where dashboard LookML was generating with filters out of order.
- Fixed a bug where Dashboards could be saved with no title.
- Fixed a visual bug with the
- Fixed a bug with stacked series visualizations on merged results.
- Fixed a bug where filter suggestions remained blank after typing.
- Fixed a bug where the map visualization did not move upon filtering.
- LookML and development
- Fixed an issue with High Sierra that interfered with smooth scrolling in the IDE for users on Safari.
- Fixed a bug where the LookML validator could not be run on the
view uncommitted changespage.
- Fixed a bug where Liquid variables caused incorrect URL encoding.
- Fixed a bug where User Attributes were not correctly populating in
- Fixed a bug with
filter_expressionand Liquid rendering.
- Added git validation for branch names upon creation.
- Content Management and Discoverability
- Fixed a visual bug on the homepage with clipped heart icons.
- Scheduling and Downloading
- Improved error messaging around SMTP issues for admins. Learn more.
- Fixed a bug where certain characters in CSV titles were incorrectly escaped.
- Edited the API documentation for
- Fixed a bug where the Dashboard scheduler modal was inaccessible to the owner of the Dashboard.
- Fixed a bug with the
- Fixed a bug where scheduler modal was visible to embed users without the
- Fixed a bug where embed users were unable to download PDF and PNG files.
- Fixed a bug that caused some schedules to fail.
- Fixed a bug that resulted in an error when running asynchronous queries via the API.
- Added a quick navigation option for embed users to access the Shared space when saving Looks and Dashboards.
- Fixed a bug where SQL did not display available tables in SAP Hana.
- Platform and Administration
- Fixed a bug where certain user Groups could not be edited.
- Fixed a bug with incompatible text types in MySQL and HyperSQL.
- Fixed a bug with embed user
- Fixed a bug with the Edit Role menu.
- Fixed a bug with the Add Accounts dropdown menu.
- Fixed a bug with the Show Tables button in the connection menu.
- Fixed a bug where User Groups could be mistakenly created without a name.
- Added the ability to scroll through curated admin sidebar.
- Added jgit logging capability for admins.
- Content Management
- Fixed a bug where admin sidebar helper text was incorrect.
- Added an informational tooltip to Admin content sidebar.