Anticipated Deployment Dates
Release Rollout Begins: August 26, 2018
Release Final & Download Available: September 6, 2018
In addition to general tweaks and enhancements, this release comes with new and improved features in the following categories. Read on for more detail.
Preparing for Release
Please take notice of items marked with a as they indicate changes to existing functionality and may require your attention. For more information see Features by Section below.
Merged Results Improvements
Looker users now experience even more front-end flexibility with Merged Results on experimental Custom Fields. Merged results are also now available in embedded iframes for Powered By Looker users.
Features by Section
Dashboards and Visualizations
- Merged Results improvements:
- Experimental custom fields can now be used in Merged Results.
- Merged Results are now available in embedded dashboards.
- Beta Enhanced Renderer. Introduced Enhanced Rendering designed to be used in conjunction with the beta Enhanced Visualizations feature. Learn more about customer-hosted setup.
LookML and Development
- Code Quality Options. Added a third level of Code Quality requirements. Looker Admins can now allow developers to commit LookML code with Warnings but not Errors in the LookML validator. Learn more.
- Git setup performance enhancements. Back end enhancements to the git setup process make git integration faster and more performant.
- Disabled Legacy Feature: The “allow the access_filter_fields parameter” Legacy Feature has been disabled, but will remain available until Looker 5.26 if needed. Please use User Attribute-based access filters for controls going forward. Learn more.
- Introduced a new Legacy Feature: Native Derived Tables convert dates and yesnos to strings by default. Learn more.
- Athena. Updated to Athena driver 2.0.5 and introduced support for arrays in Athena.
General Tweaks and Bug Fixes
- Dashboards, Visualizations, and Explore
Continued improvements to the
Enhanced VisualizationsLabs feature.
- Fixed a bug where pivots occasionally caused blank visualizations on the explore.
- Fixed a bug where some Looks were unable to load more than 10000 rows.
- Scheduling and Downloading
- Fixed a bug where schedules occasionally failed due to node communication errors.
- Fixed a bug where filters on fields that had been removed caused scheduler UI to break.
- Fixed a bug where some schedules to S3 buckets were failing.
- Platform and Administration
Fixed a bug where string type user attributes did not properly escape
- LookML and Development
- Addressed an issue where switching between files in the IDE was sluggish.
- Fixed a bug where some
distancedimensions incorrectly calculated a distance of 0.00.
includestatements are now generated commented in view files.
- Fixed a bug where the Content Validator sometimes reloads with boxes checked.
- Continued improvements to experimental Custom Fields.
- Fixed a bug where custom dimensions could be used to query filter-only fields. Looks and dashboards with these fields may cause an error message.
- Fixed a bug where
always_joinwas not used in suggestions query.
- Content Management and Discoverability
- Fixed a bug where the spaces sidebar was not scrolling properly.
- Fixed a bug where restoring a dashboard from the Trash did not restore associate Looks.
- Added breadcrumbs to the spaces page.
- Fixed a bug where
numbertype dimensions did not recognize the decimal data type in Athena.
- The LookML generator now double-quotes column references in IBM Db2.
- Removed stack trace exposure in the event of low-level errors.