Anticipated Deployment Dates
Release Rollout Begins: July 29, 2018
Release Final & Download Available: August 13, 2018
The summer is half over and we're focusing our efforts on improving the overall quality of the Looker Product. Over the past few months, we've set our sights on bug fixes, backend enhancements, and other non-feature work to ensure a better customer experience overall.
Bug Fixes and Tweaks by Section
- Added clearer error messaging in the Action Hub section of the scheduler modal.
LookML and Development
- Added the ability to revert uncommitted changes in the event of a merge conflict.
- Improved performance when switching between LookML files in the IDE.
- Fixed a bug where null values in the miliseconds timeframe produced errors.
- Fixed a bug where the LookML validator showed errors and warnings from previous run.
- Fixed a bug where direct links to SQL runner queries occasionally did not load SQL.
- Fixed a bug where using
suggest_explore caused an error.
Looker Platform and Administration
- Added the option to require authentication on the project deploy webhook. Learn more.
- Added the
see_system_activity permission to allow non-admin users to access the Usage Panel. Learn more.
- Added the ability to specify a domain whitelist on hidden user attribute fields.
- Improved error messaging when hitting git authentication issues.
- Added support for querying array type fields in Athena.
- Added PDT support for MemSQL and IBM Netezza.
- Enhanced the LookML generator for Dremio to wrap table and schema referenced in double quotes.
Dashboards and Visualizations
Continued improvements to experimental Enhanced Visualizations.
- Improved performance for moving tiles on dashboards.
Continued improvements to experimental Custom Visualizations
- Added asynchronous loading to visualizations for improved performance.
- Fixed a bug where color palettes were not exported as hex values.
- Fixed a bug where some visualizations did not render correctly in an iFrame.
- Fixed a bug where the reference line label text box in the visualization settings menu only accepted a single character.
- Fixed a bug where toggling the visualization configuration menu in the UI created whitespace in the visualization.
Scheduling and Downloading
- Fixed a bug where embed users needed the
save_content permissions in order to create a schedule.
- Fixed a bug where email schedules rendered incorrectly in Outlook 2013.
Content Management and Discoverability
- Made the grid or table selection in user spaces persistent across sessions.
- Fixed a bug where merged results did not work correctly in homepage thumbnails.