Anticipated Deployment Dates
Release Rollout Begins: August 13, 2017
Release Final & Download Available: August 24, 2017
In addition to general tweaks and enhancements, this release comes with new and improved features in the following categories. Read on for more detail.
Preparing for Release
Please take notice of items marked with a as they indicate changes to existing functionality and may require your attention. For more information see Features by Section below.
- Disabled the Non-Symmetric Aggregates, Row Limit Only, Unsafe Liquid Functions, and Allow creating legacy API-only users Legacy Features.
- Downloads will now default to having formatted values.
- Derived tables now use columnar formats and compression for Apache Spark 1.5+, Apache Spark 2.0, Apache Hive2, and Cloudera Impala.
- No longer use
group by statements for date timeframes for Aster Data, Exasol, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, and Greenplum.
Send Looks and Dashboards When Your ETL Completes
No need to guess when your ETL will complete when figuring out when to send Looks and Dashboards. Schedule content to send when a Datagroup completes, guaranteeing that you get the freshest results regardless of how long it takes to burn through your ETL pipeline.
Features by Section
Scheduling and Downloading
Introduced the ability to schedule Looks and Dashboards when an ETL completes. Scheduled content can now be sent based on a Datagroup trigger in addition to the existing time-based options. Learn more.
Remove links to Looker. Added a scheduling configuration option to remove links back to Looker from emailed content. Learn more.
Downloads will now default to having formatted values.
Platform and Administration
Powered by Looker
- Added the ability to broadcast iframe height to the parent page.
- Added a Connection panel option to disable schema pre-caching. Learn more.
Disabled the Non-Symmetric Aggregates, Row Limit Only, Unsafe Liquid Functions, and Allow creating legacy API-only users Legacy Features. Learn more.
LookML and Development Environment
New minuteX timeframes. Added new 4, 20, 6, and 12 minute timeframes. Learn more.
[EXPERIMENTAL] Added a Labs feature that will speed up LookML validation by not revalidating Explores that haven't changed. Learn more.
Amazon Athena. Introduced support for Symmetric Aggregates. Learn more.
case_sensitive support where possible. Learn more.
Apache Spark 1.5+, Apache Spark 2.0, Apache Hive2, and Cloudera Impala. Derived tables now use columnar formats and compression.
Aster Data, Exasol, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica, and Greenplum. Sped up queries by no longer using
group by statements for date timeframes.
General Tweaks and Bug Fixes
- The Filters section on Explore page is now scrollable.
- Restored the ability to copy filter values.
Content Management and Discoverability
- Added the ability to bulk add LookML Dashboards to Spaces as User Defined Dashboards. Learn more.
- Fixed an issue where the Spaces page would not load if a user did not have access to a Space.
- Fixed an issue where individual bulk Space actions were not available to users who could not perform copy, move, and delete actions.
- Fixed an issue where the Save & Add to Dashboard button missed the Add to Dashboard step.
- Fixed an issue where users could not parameterize Project names using User Attributes.
- Fixed an issue where Funnel visualizations could fail to render on User Defined Dashboards.
- Fixed an issue where the LookML Validator incorrectly produced a Redefinition of field error when a dimension group did not have a
raw timeframe and another field had the same name.