#3.18 Release Notes
- Labs Feature: Redesigned Field Picker: The field picker now collapses fields by their view and date group, removes uppercase view names from fields, and changes the color of measures. Full functionality can be turned on in the Labs panel (/admin/labs). Learn more.
- Labs Feature: Table Calculations: Ability to define calculations on the results of a query from the Explore page. Must be enabled by an admin from the Labs panel. Learn more.
- Explore descriptions: Must be defined in the Model file using the description: parameter. Will appear on hover over the ? icon next to the Explore’s name in the field picker. See documentation.
- Filtering by ‘OR’ in Date Fields: Press the “+” button next to an existing Date filter to add an additional filter on that field or use commas between dates when using Matches (Advanced). Learn more.
- The relative time a query ran now appears next to the run button (e.g. 3 minutes ago)
- When no sort is specified on a query with tiered dimensions, results will be sorted by the default tier order
Transformations/Persistent Derived Tables
- Production and Developer Mode share the same persistent table if the SQL has not changed. Also, when a user builds a persistent derived table (PDT) in Developer Mode and pushes the updated model to production, production will use the already-built PDT if the SQL has not changed. See documentation.
- "Rebuild Derived Tables & Run" will now cause only that user’s query to wait for a rebuilt table. All tables required for this query will rebuild in the background and will be switched out when complete; no other queries will be impacted by the use of this button (i.e. one user pressing this button will no longer block other users) See documentation.
##IDE & Model Management
- Commit history in the IDE, including links to version control providers for customers who have set those up through Looker. Access history from the drop down next to the “Push” button. Learn more.
- Highlighted changes in diffs to make reading commits easier. Learn more.
- Setup & support for additional version control providers - Set up version control for LookML files within Looker using Bitbucket, GitLab, Stash, GitHub Enterprise, or any Git server that can use an SSH key for authentication. Learn more.
- Project sync upon first push - Once git setup is complete, new projects created by one user are automatically added to all users’ developer modes without requiring users to rebuild their directory. Learn more.
##Dashboards and Visualizations
- Ability to Schedule Dashboards as PDF attachments to emails (requires PhantomJS if self-hosted) and must be enabled in the Labs panel
- Ability to mix Cartesian chart types on a single query. From the visualization configuration tab on the Explore page, indicate the series_name: <chart_type>. Any series that does not have an explicit type declared will use the chart type selected. Does not work for stacked charts. Learn more.
- Reference lines for the Y-Axis can now be defined through the UI. Learn more.
- Y-Axis Maximum can now be set independently of the Y-Axis Minimum. See documentation.
- Ability to set a custom Y-Axis Tick Density. Learn more.
- Null points will no long appear on donut charts
- Ability to delete multiple looks at once within a Space. See documentation
- Spaces search now includes model name in result set
- Move/Copy/Delete now available from gear button on each Look in a Space
##General Improvements & Tweaks
- Dimensions of
type: intnow sort numerically instead of alphabetically
- Support for Datavirtuality databases
- Location field types are now fully supported on Oracle, BigQuery, Redshift, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Greenplum, MS SQL Server, Aster, and Teradata