Apply Here: https://landbay.workable.com/jobs/883639
Landbay is an online peer-to-peer investment platform that provides lenders direct access to fund buy-to-let mortgages for properties in the UK.
We have brought innovation to one of the UK’s largest, yet inefficient sectors, the residential mortgage market. We’re inherently a challenger and we choose to do things differently, but not just for the sake of it. What we do is always driven by a desire to create a better and fairer deal for our customers.
Landbay was established in 2014, to date has had equity backing from Zoopla, and multiple angel investors, including Andy Murray via the crowdfunding platform Seedrs. Landbay has received multiple awards including; ‘Top 10 start-ups to watch’ in The Times, Everline ‘Future 50’, Marketing Week’s ‘100 Disruptive Brands 2016’ and the UK Business Angels Association ‘One to Watch’ Fintech Investment.
On day 1, you will…
Provide the business with intelligence to help sustain growth
- You will be running existing daily reports to support the business. This will involve writing and running SQL queries as well as honing and developing your python skills to improve the presentation of the results .
- As we continue to build out our tech platform, you’ll write new queries, maintain and improve existing queries & you may also want to improve the existing python scripts or convert them to Scala, etc.
- As we bring in Looker into the company, you’ll be at the forefront of its installation, configuration and coding using advanced coding techniques . Your success marker will be giving business stakeholders the ability to run their own reports as much as possible.
Be pivotal to data-driven decisioning within the company
- You’ll understand our business inside out and you’ll understand how to interpret the data, with all its nuances , better than anybody else in the company. You will help identify and analyse trends – your voice and insights will help shape the roadmap across the business.
- You’ll become the go-to person for all ad-hoc data questions. This may involve helping shape our marketing strategy by working out the typical profile of our best performing investors or perhaps identifying which third party relationships are performing poorly due to poor service or high costs?
You’ll progress towards a hybrid role of Data Science Engineer and Data Analyst:
- You’ll work with cutting-edge tech such as Stitch, AWS, Glue, Redshift on the AWS cloud.
- You’ll help Landbay be a pioneer in the development of an awesome data pipeline in the world of microservices.
- You’ll come up with awesome techniques to ensure and monitor the data quality & freshness of data.
- You’ll identify areas across the business to increase efficiency, growth and automation of processes
- You’ll foster a data-driven decision culture – whether that be through one on one chats, workshops, developing data awareness, etc.
- You’ve got an entrepreneurial mindset –you are of a curious nature, always looking for better ways of doing things – whether that’s tech or just life in general! Maybe you’re dreaming of starting a business one day and you relish wanting to know the ins and out of how businesses work.
- You’re interested in data visualisation – you know that raw data is only half the story. Your ability to convey it in words and visualisations can have a massive impact. You can build a story from the data you’re looking at.
- You relish tackling hard problems and you’re pro-actively looking for the best, most efficient and clean way of getting a result. You don’t give up!
- You’re not afraid of maths & can predict the future! Whether it’s analysis of existing complex financial data or using statistical methods to predict trends, you are (or want to be!) the subject matter expert.
- You’ve got a knack for SQL and at least one other coding language (preferred python/scala) and you can learn quickly. You can reduce a complex problem into a nifty piece of SQL and where SQL lets you down, you can use other tools/languages to bridge the gap.
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Share options
- Start Up Environment
- Regular Social events
- Burgers on Friday
- Flexible working hours available
- Casual dress code
- Position is based in Victoria, central London, reporting directly to the head of technology
Apply Now: https://landbay.workable.com/jobs/883639