Analytics Manager- Moonpig
London, England, United Kingdom · Analytics
Role- Analytics Manager
Company - Moonpig
Location - London
Work with us
Moonpig is an iconic Growth e-commerce business on a journey from being a novelty greetings cards company to something that adds much more value to people’s lives in occasions and gifts. Our products make people laugh, cry and everything in between every day. We make millions of days brilliant every year with our personalised cards, our gifts and our flowers. As well as clear leaders in the online card space, we have a fast-growing and multi-million-pound gift category as well as being a top 3 flower online flower seller at our peak occasions of Valentine’s and Mother’s Day. As a successful business, we don’t want to stop there and our ambition and opportunity to grow is huge!
What You’ll Be Doing
Dedicated to our Moonpig business you will be part of our new-ish analytics team covering marketing, commercial, customer, digital product and now factories.
You will work closely with the data analysts and our data engineers to lead, design and deliver business insight to help the business grow, maintain a consistent view of our core business metrics, ensure our dashboards are as engaging, insightful and performant as possible. Oh, and to drive adoption of our new (doesn’t exist yet!) self-serve tool, Looker!
Your role focuses on understanding how our business works, developing and agreeing core metrics, and delivering insights to the business through impactful, interactive, visual dashboards. You will be the ‘go to’ person for business intelligence, you will collaborate with analysts, teams and squads to understand what business insights they need and provide them with an engaging dashboards and training. You will up-skill them to self-serve using our state-of-the-art visualisation tool.
You will work in a lean, agile manner with the analytics and data teams to scope, prioritise and deliver the most impactful work to accelerate growth in the business.
You will utilise the power of SQL and Looker visualisation tools to manage the modelling layer (Looker ML), create the right business metrics, build dashboards and provide insights that unlock growth for the business. You will also use Github to evolve the production data model with the Data Engineering team.
You will have the opportunity to learn other tools such as Stitch, FiveTran, DBT, Airflow, Python to further enhance our data pipelines, business intelligence, visualisation and insight generation.
You will be super smart, thrive in a fun, vibrant and fast paced workplace and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues in the product, commercial, marketing and analytics teams.
The role reports into the Head of Analytics and will be a manager of business insight analyst(s). Based in London.
- Experience of managing and developing analysts
- 6yrs+ in data analytics or business intelligence role
- Excellent knowledge of Looker, Tableau, PowerBI, Periscope or another Visualisation tool
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills
- Understanding of User Experience/ Interface design to create visually compelling dashboards
- Good knowledge of databases, ELT/ ETL, Github, and data management/ engineering tools
- Good understanding of digital, retail and e-commerce data analytics
- Good understanding of agile, lean environment with experience of running A/B tests
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Highly analytical with exceptional commercial acumen and good attention to detail
- Resourceful and independent - can work to deadlines/standards without supervision
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships with peers locally and internationally
- Great interpersonal skills and cultural fit
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- We have recently moved to an incredible new space in Farringdon around Spring 2018. With loads of natural light, spaces to support our ways of working and great neighbourhood bars & restaurants
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
- Together we have shedloads of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2019
- 25 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- £10000 interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
We’re all about making people’s days brilliant. That’s what gets us out of bed in the morning. Helping our customers wow that special someone with our wide range of top quality, thoughtful and personalised gifts, cards and flowers.
We’ve been on the scene since 2000 and have made over 100 million Moonpig moments for our customers here in the UK and as far afield as the US and Australia.
We started with cards and have kept on adding new ways to make a Moonpig moment since then, whether through our ever-expanding gift range or becoming a top three UK online flower seller for all the big occasions.
We’re part of Photobox Group, Europe’s leading retailer of personal and personalised products. Our family of brands – Photobox, Moonpig, Greetz Hofmann and PosterXXL – make millions of moments real for our customers around the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.