I'm sometimes get asked, "hey, how do I make sure I stay up to date with new features?" We ship a new release every four weeks, so I can understand that it can be tough to keep up.
1. Subscribe to Release Notes on the User Forums
Head to the Release Notes category of our User Forums to see the complete notes for each release. I recommend subscribing at the category level so that you get a notification every time we put out something new.
I recommend selecting "Watching", "Tracking", or "Watching First Post" to stay in the loop.
2. Subscribe to product updates
We'll send out an email announcing a new release to everyone who has subscribed to our list.
If you're a Technical Contact we'll send you a notice when a release is ready for you. These notices will list the highlighted features and link to the full release notes for further reading.
If you've subscribed to product updates but are not a Technical Contact we'll send you a more in-depth note about a specific change we think you'll be interested in.
If you're on Looker 5.14+ there will be a link to our email Preference Center on the Account page of your instance. If you're still on an older release you can govern preferences with the checkboxes on the same page.
3. Get involved
- Check out Next, our cutting-edge sandbox. New modules will be posted here for you to play with.
- Visit Data Matters, our blog. You can expect fun and interesting posts on topics ranging from product updates, data stories, and tech talks.
- Join the conversation on the User Forum.