Finish Line is seeking an Associate Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Solutions team. In this role, you will be involved in the development & support of pipelines, ETL jobs and tools, data marts, data lake, and data warehouse in multiple environments. This position will be based out of Boulder, CO or Indianapolis, IN and reports to our Consulting Engineer.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Development of jobs & pipelines from multiple production data sources into Data Lake environments
- Engineers production-ready solutions, inclusive of alerting and error handling
- Works with Cloud-based tools (Google GCP, Big Query, Dataproc, Composer, Steamsets, Looker, etc.) to deliver best-in-class cloud-based data solutions
- Works collaboratively with DBA team for operational execution and reliability of data solutions, both in Oracle and BigQuery
- Assists in maintaining data governance through documentation of data solutions, through ERDs, Confluence documentation, or external tools
- Engineer & model curated and keyed Data Warehouse solutions that meet business objectives that perform efficiently and effectively
- Works in Agile product management method, managing tasks & objectives (user stories) through JIRA and providing updates to SCRUM master
- Partners with Product Manager (PO) to understand business requirements across multiple functional areas; Store Operations, Merchandising, Supply Chain, Finance, Digital, Customer & Loyalty, Legal, & Data Science
- Support current Data Warehouse ETL jobs, respond to tickets and inquiries from business partners when data quality issues occur
- Other projects and duties as assigned
Required Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Information Systems or other related fields from a four-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of proven work ability in data analytics, data engineering, and process documentation required.
- Must have experience with partnering with stakeholders of all levels of the organization to plan and solve problems.
Apply via Workday: