Filter Heading in PDF

low_priority
done
(Izzy) #21

At the risk of poking a sleeping bear of a feature request… I actually don’t believe we have changed anything yet on Looker’s side to remove the filter heading.

I just ran a few test PDF downloads and they all included the filter header-- is it possible that you’re downloading from an embedded context? Downloading an embedded dashboard lets you toggle off “Show Filters” in the Embed Settings and the PDF will respect that in the download, so maybe make sure that a. you’re not downloading an embedded dashboard and b. that toggle is set to on. (@dgroman1988, this should work for you too, in the reverse!)

0 Likes

(Dan Groman) #22

I will double check if that works for us, but historically it has not worked for our scheduled PDF’s regardless of if we toggle the filters.

0 Likes

(Izzy) #23

Oh yeah, I just checked: it works for downloads, but not for scheduling. I’ll raise that discrepancy internally and maybe a fix there will let you schedule without filters! Sorry for the false hope.

0 Likes

(Baha) #24

@izzy this looks like a long ignored issue many customers have raised over the years, is there any chance this will be addressed any time soon.

I agree with the comment above we want to send Looker Dashboards scheduled to our CFO/CEO and currently it is impossible with the way it is designed.

1 Like

(Izzy) #25

Great news! It looks like although when I tested on January 4th it didn’t work for scheduling, my suggestion of scheduling from the embed context now does work for scheduling, as long as you’re using an Embed Theme to hide the filters: https://docs.looker.com/admin-options/settings/themes.

I just successfully scheduled a dash to myself without any filter bars, by going to the embed preview of it and setting up the schedule there. Although a toggle in the default scheduler would be nice, I actually think it’s not too bad of a setup, since it keeps the separation fairly clear between reports sent with the filters and reports sent without. Give it a try!

@dgroman1988, I know you’re interested too so maybe give that one last check (making sure you’re updated).

If you don’t have embed themes on, reach out to your Account Manager to start that process.

0 Likes

(Izzy) #26

I guess now the question becomes: Is that satisfactory for everyone’s use case, or is there still cause to leave this Feature Request open?

0 Likes

(Dan Groman) #27

Is the solution telling clients to preview embed and schedule from there? If it requires anything other than just scheduling from viewing the report via a normal screen in Looker (not in preview embed but just when viewing the dashboard) then I’m going to say leave the feature request open. Still doesn’t satisfy our operating model and requires extra clicks/work around for end users.

1 Like

(Izzy) #28

Ah yeah, I suppose if you have end users who are then scheduling out to other end users that would become difficult to message. Makes sense, and I’ll leave it open.

But, know that progress is being made on this stuff— The fact that this is now possible (though not from a one-click toggle, yet) is evidence of that. Thanks for the continued feedback.

0 Likes