There are many advantages of using Teradata database, they are:
- Larger Warehouses
- It's Scalable
- Parallel Aware Optimizer
- Automatic Data Distribution
- It supports concurrent users
- Parallel Architecture
- Supports Ad-Hoc Queries
- Teradata Manager
- Teradata Lowest Total Cost
- Fault Tolerance
1. Larger Warehouses: Teradata supports a huge warehouse data than all its competitors.
2. It's Scalable: In Teradata database, we can store from 100 GB to over 100+ Petabytes of data on a single system. We can scale this huge data without affecting any performance related issues.
3. Parallel Aware Optimizer: Parallel aware optimizer makes query tuning simplifies query running.
4. Automatic Data Distribution: Automatic Data Distribution is a great feature in Teradata, it enhances the performance of applications. It eliminates complex indexing schemes with even data distribution to reduce the time-consuming and reorganizations.
5. It supports Concurrent Users: Teradata can handle the various complex queries often run by users simultaneously.
- Parallel Archtecture: Teradata runs on Parallel Archtecture to support unconditional parallelism.
7. Supports Ad-Hoc Queries: Teradata built with ad-hoc SQL queries to support a particular purpose. This helps developers in increasing the productivity.
8. Teradata Manager: Teradata Manager is a central place to control the Database.
9. Teradata Lowest Total Cost: Teradata is the only vendor, which provides lowest total cost of ownership.
10. Fault Tolerance: In Teradata fault tolerance is the built-in feature, due to this feature data availability is very high and failure ratio is very very less.