Different value formats for value labels on different axes

How am I able to show the column value labels in thousands without changing the value label format for % change?

1 8 8,366
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @roycechan,

You should be able to edit only the left axis in the edit tab in the visualisation. If you go to “Y Axis Format” and use 0.000,"" this should give you the values in 1,000s.

There are additional formats here under the Y Axis Format heading:

Thanks, Adam

Thanks Adam,

Does this change both the axis values and the value labels? I’m hoping to change the format of the value labels.

@roycechan

I wasn’t sure as to this so had a quick look and you can change this using the same format under the “Values” tab (where you switch on value labels) although this seems to change the format of the value labels applicable to both axes, so for a percentage value it’s not ideal at all.

Thanks, Adam

It’s a bit of a hack, but I replaced the charted values with Table Calculation values, where each one could have custom formatting applied. Hide the original values from the Visualization.

Cnatlb

how can i adjust my scales when working with dual axis? I remember in Tableau I was able to synchronize the scale on both sides but can’t seem to find the option here, above solution is not helpful either.

@Cnatlb the answer to adjusting your scales is to move the series to different axis in the Edit window, under the Y tab. Each series displayed can be on its own left or right access. (You can use the scales to overlay series in interesting ways).

I have the same problem. I dont think the other people understand what you want to do.

I’ve created a feature request :Different Formats for Value Labels please upvote it.

Has this feature been implemented

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors