Deleted PDT's still getting refreshed

I saw a PDT taking almost an hour to rebuild. The frequency was daily. I removed the PDT view from my project. But somehow I still see the PDT query running daily.
I crosschecked if the entry exists in Persistent Derived Tables in Databases tab. But didn’t find any.
From where can this query still be running.

0 4 152
4 REPLIES 4

Maddie

Hi Gaurav,

A few questions to help troubleshoot this:

1. Has the PDT been removed from the production branch?
2. Are there any other shared branches where the PDT might exist?

It could be that the PDT still exists on one of the branches and that is what triggers the rebuild.

3. Is it automatically triggered by the system? Or does it seem to be manually triggered by a user?

This question is related to someone having a tab open with an Explore using this PDT and their branch has not been sync-ed with production.

Let me know the answers to the questions above and we can dig a bit deeper.

Best,
Maddie | Redkite

Hi Maddie,

Please see below responses:
1. Has the PDT been removed from the production branch?
Yes
2. Are there any other shared branches where the PDT might exist?
I am getting all other shared branches in sync with prod.

3. Is it automatically triggered by the system? Or does it seem to be manually triggered by a user?
Its automatically triggered

Maddie

Hi Gaurav,

That is a strange!

Could it be that this table is referred to in another view file using ${pdt_name.SQL_TABLE_NAME} and Looker tries to rebuild it?

It might be worth checking the PDT Event Log explore and the History explore (available when you enable System Activity Model in Labs) as they contain a lot of details.

Let me know if you manage to get more insights about this, curious what it might be!

Best,
Maddie | Redkite

When you check the admin page for PDTS (https://mgageuspbl.looker.com/admin/pdts), do you see it?

If yes, can you access the details or the lookML?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors