Data of Thrones — General Findings

This thread is for all of your general findings and cool visualizations. If you have something really unique, or think you have a good idea for a new genre, feel free to submit it as a New Topic in this category and others will be able to reply.

Post away!

Curious how many times Hodor said “Hodor”. Look no further by taking a look at this viz :):

2 Likes

I tried ‘NPS’-ing based on the sentiment of their lines, like this:

(positive lines - negative lines) / total lines * 100

Unexpectedly, the White Walkers don’t score many points here.

2 Likes

In case y’all are wondering, the following look is the characters that have killed but are still alive… aka the ones that will probably see karma this season. :wink: Buh-bye Jon Snow (again)!!!
Who’s getting Karma’d soon-ish, maybe?

2 Likes

Deaths By House By Season

2 Likes

When you look at the types of death in Game of Thrones, it’s clear that most named characters died by some form of stabbing. I wanted to find out which types of death had just one victim. In this table you can see that the most unique deaths happened in Season 1 and they’ve been declining since then. The violence definitely hasn’t decreased overall, but it seems that named characters have become less likely to die in unique ways.

Unique Deaths

data%20of%20thrones%20-%20unique%20deaths

2 Likes

Here’s another one, tracking how frequently certain words are used across the seasons (as a % of total words, not including stopwords). Words like King, Throne, and Bastard were pretty steady but the ones I included on this chart have some interesting spikes.

Word Frequency

2 Likes

I’d even almost call some of those trends! Nice find.

The upward trend of NORTH and DRAGON, peaking in season 7, makes a lot of sense and was interesting to see! Dragons became really important to the plot last season and there was also a lot of chanting “King in the North!” in winterfell :slight_smile:

I wanted to look up the words that are said less frequently and I found out that there are 3195 words that are only used once in all the 7 seasons.

1 Like

That’s a lot! Got a link to the explore?

Times that “Dracarys” is been said by Season.

1 Like