Custom palettes

(Christine Kelly) #1

Hello,

Besides having a default colour palette I can save, is it possible to save more than one custom ? I read in an old post it was not possible, has this been updated if so please let me know how I can create several palettes:)

Thank in advance
Christine

(Christine Kelly) #2

I found this site helpful to generate shades

(peter.whitehead) #3

Hi @Christine_Kelly!

Currently, it is still not possible to have multiple custom color palettes saved at once. I will let our product team know that this is something you would like to see. Have a good day!

(Zack Elias) #4

Hello!
Any chance this was added to the near-term roadmap?
Would love to create + save an org-specific color palette for use in all of our data visualizations

(Peggy Beard) #5

Hello Zack! Besides this ability to set a single default color palette across the Looker instance, does org-specific refer to multiple different named color palettes inside your Looker instance?

Can you share a bit more about how you would use multiple palettes, and how you would like to associate them to different organizations inside a Looker instance?

(Zack Elias) #6

Hi Peggy – you’re spot on!
We offer analytics on our product to our customers in the form of Looker-powered Looks and Dashboards. I think there’s traction to be gained by visualizing each customer’s data using that customer’s branded color palette, especially in the embedded case. For instance, if I wanted to embed dashboards inside of one of our other apps, it would be super useful to have the color palette set programmatically by the group of the user or the space that the dashboard/look lives in.

(Ryan Dunlavy) #7

Hi @Zack_Elias,

Thanks for the context of your implementation! We do not currently have a way to automatically set the color of the visualization based on groups, but I will definitely pass your use case on to the product team.

Ryan