We are looking for an experienced and proactive individual to take on ownership of a range of Business Intelligence priorities in Culture Trip. Working with the Director of Business Intelligence, you’ll play a leading role in defining success for the company and ensuring quality data is accessible and understandable to stakeholders at all levels and in all disciplines. The projects you will get the opportunity to work on will directly contribute to ensuring Culture Trip is a data-driven company at its heart.
Most importantly, you’ll bring meaning to data, using multiple data sources to answer large-order questions and using insight to influence the strategic direction of the company.
- Telling stories using data for people with varying degrees of analytics competency. This will require being self-sufficient in querying our data directly from S3/Redshift/Snowflake databases.
- Automating large portions of reporting to free up time for the BI team to answer larger strategic questions
- Translating business questions into reporting requirements and using data visualisation tools to make data accessible and easy to understand for everyone
- Ensuring consistent measurement and use of data across teams
- Ensuring quality control in data collection and improving confidence in the data
- Leadership of various projects from conception to completion
- Maintaining strong working relationships across teams/squads and adding BI value where appropriate
- Close collaboration with others in the wider Data Team (including working with our colleagues in Data Science)
- Represent Culture Trip at events and conferences occasionally
- Demonstrable experience of bringing meaning and understanding to data from multiple, disparate sources
- Ability to zoom in and out - from the necessary details of measurement, tools and data sources out to a strategic level - and knowing when to do so
- Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to establish and maintain multiple stakeholder relationships at all levels
- Extensive experience of project planning, project management and agency management
- Experience of recruitment, mentoring and people management of junior team members
- Some experience of qualitative and/or quantitative research is beneficial
Exposure to specific tools, including :
- Web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, ComScore DAx)
- Databases (e.g. Redshift, Snowflake with SQL knowledge)
- Market data sources (e.g. SimilarWeb, ComScore MMX)
- Social analytics (e.g. Facebook Analytics, Instagram Insights, YouTube Analytics)
- Social listening (e.g. Sysomos, Brand Watch)
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Looker, Power BI)
- Data processing/manipulation/APIs/automation (using tools such as Alteryx)
- Project management (e.g. JIRA)
- Proactive and ability (and preference) for working without close supervision
- Likes to plan
- Works with a strong sense of prioritisation
- Creative thinker - able to consider uses of multiple data sets/sources to answer complex questions
- Enjoys thinking, problem solving, questioning and has no issues making their voice heard no matter the audience
- Driven to learn new things and remain at the cutting-edge in their field
Culture Trip is a global hyper-growth startup operating at the intersection between travel, media and entertainment. We create stories that reveal what is unique and special about a place, its people and its culture. In-house creative teams work with a global network of more than 300 freelance professionals to produce articles, videos, photographs, illustrations and animations - telling the most compelling stories about places around the world by the people who know them best.
From just a dozen people in late 2016, the team has expanded to more than 270. This diverse group of software engineers, product designers, data scientists, editorial experts and content creators are spread across offices in London, New York City and Tel Aviv. Alumni of companies including Google, Facebook, Expedia, Lonely Planet, Spotify, Bloomberg, Viacom, TripAdvisor and the BBC have joined recently. A recent Series B funding injection from PPF Group of $80 million has further propelled rapid growth. Monthly unique visitors to the site have gone from 4 million to nearly 20 million, cross-platform social followers have increased from 1 million to 7 million, and app downloads have leapt from 50,000 to 1.5 million. Culture Trip has been named by Forbes as one of the fastest-growing companies to watch.
Everyone working at Culture Trip is driven by a shared vision to inspire people to go beyond their cultural boundaries and connect with the world around them. We want to bring the world to everyone and, in doing so, bring everyone close together.
Culture Trip is committed to equality of opportunity for all. We strongly believe that diversity of backgrounds, ethnicities, experience, circumstances, abilities and perspectives leads to a better workplace for our employees and a better product for our users.