Dremio support was added in Looker release 5.10. Looker's current dialect testing is running against Dremio version 1.4.9 Enterprise Edition.
This article discusses how to make a Dremio connection.
Configuring a Connection
- Name: Assign a unique name to the connection. The name is how LookML refers to this connection.
- Dialect: Select Dremio.
- Host: Enter the IP Address or host name of the server where Dremio is running.
- Port: The default port is
- Database: The default value is
- Username: Enter the username Looker uses to access Dremio.
- Password: The password associated with the Username above.
All other fields use the default values or are left blank.
Click Test These Settings to verify a connection.
Looker will run
SELECT 1 FROM (VALUES(1)) to verify a basic connection and query test. It will not validate that the user can access any of the Dremio sources or underlying tables.
Click Update Connection to save these settings.
After your connection setup is completed, create a project from the LookML menu to begin the data modeling step.
Try connecting your web browser to
dremio_host:9047 on the server. From the SQL Editor, try running
SELECT 1 FROM (VALUES(1)) to verify that Dremio is installed correctly and that queries are able to execute.
Looker’s ability to provide some features depends on the database dialect’s ability to support that functionality. In the current Looker release, Dremio supports the following Looker features: