Conditional formatting on a pivoted table

low_priority
done
(Kyle Webb) #1

Hi,

I have a table showing applications by source, pivoted by gender.

I want to apply conditional formatting (high to low) on each measure to show, for each gender, which sources has the most applications, share of applications, etc.

However, the conditional formatting seems to take into account all values, not just the ones in the pivoted column (e.g. female applications, high to low).

Is there any way to do this?

0 Likes

(Dawid) #2

It would be awesome to be able to specify conditional formatting by clicking on column/row/pivot we want it to be applied on!

0 Likes

(Dima Litvak) #3

You can do this by selecting the columns (in the “Apply to” section) you want to apply conditional formatting to:

0 Likes

(Kyle Webb) #4

Hey Dima, that’s what I’ve done, I applied conditional formatting to the “share of applications” field only, but the problem is it’s pivoted on Male and Female. So it’s conditionally formatting on all the share of application values, not formatting it based on Male values and Female values, separately.

1 Like

(Dima Litvak) #5

Ah I see - I think what you can do as a workaround is create new calculated columns (using a pivot where), and then do the conditional formatting on those columns.

0 Likes

(Kyle Webb) #6

Hi Dima,
Thanks for the suggestion. That sounds like it could work, I’ll try it out.

0 Likes