Conditional formatting of entire cell background for non-numeric fields?

low_priority
done
(Steve Dodd) #1

With the UI’s conditional formatting, one is able to change the background colour of the entire cell, but only for numeric fields.

With a measure’s html parameter, one is able to format any type of cell, but only the background of the inner element within the cell, not the entire cell. The result is that there is an ugly uncoloured border around the inner element’s altered background colour.

Is there some other way to actually change the entire cell background for non-numeric fields?

0 Likes

(Izzy) #2

That’s a good point, Steve. I know we’re doing some revamps of our table visualizations, and this is going to be a part of them. I don’t have a clear timeline but it’s on our roadmap and will be coming down the line.

0 Likes

(Ben Silverstein) #3

Every time you mention this I get excited, whenever its release ends up being!

Just curious - is there any intention of adding subtotals with expanding and collapsing down the line on the Table viz, like using Pivot Tables? The problem with the Subtotals Table featured on your custom sections is it doesn’t support drill-down (unless I just missed something).

0 Likes

(Izzy) #4

I’m not 100% sure what it will look like, but it will include native subtotal functionality that I imagine will be improved from the custom visualization.

2 Likes