Column chart issue in looker 6.6

visualizations
on-hold
low_priority
file
(asha) #1

Hi,

We updated looker from 5.14 to 6.6. And we are getting issues in the column chart.

The gap between 2 columns is more than the previous version. And it’s uneven.
In Looker 5.14 it was like this:-

And in Looker 6.6 it is like this:-

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you.

0 Likes

(Izzy) #2

Hey Asha!

We changed our rendering engine between those releases, and 6.4 was the last release that had the “Legacy Visualizations” feature that turned the old ones on.

The unevenness that you’re highlighting is interesting— Is there a reason you didn’t update farther than 6.6?

Does adjusting the spacing manually change things?

0 Likes

(asha) #3

Hey Izzy,

We normally update the stable Quarterly Release.

In looker 6.6 we don’t have Inner spacing feature. And with spacing, It’s just increasing and decreasing the space in the same pattern.

Please see this:-

Thank you.

0 Likes

Reference line label position issue in looker 6.6
(Izzy) #4

Hmm, got it, thanks for clarifying. I’m going to try to reproduce this and the other 2 visualization glitches that you reported internally and get them over to engineering— I don’t see any record of them already, so it’s possible they’re things we’ll need to fix.

I’ll update on each of them when I know something!

0 Likes

(Matt B) #5

Hi Izzy, the issue of uneven spaces between columns can be easily reproduced (if you are still looking into this). The trick to recreate it is as follows:

• Column Plot with “stacked” series positioning.
  • ordinal dimension X-Axes: time
  • categorical dimension with pivot

If you have access to “learn.looker.com” and our personal spaces, there it is: https://learn.looker.com/looks/385

1 Like

(Izzy) #6

Matt, you are an angel for reproducing this! Passing it over to engineers. Thanks much.

0 Likes