Change label of Pivot on Table Chart

low_priority
done
(Dawid) #1

Is it possible to change label of Pivot values on Table chart just like we can do with Dimensions, Measures, and Table Calculations?

0 Likes

(Ben Silverstein) #2

If you’re talking about labelling the data itself in ways different from the actual data (i.e. your data has values A, B, C and you want to present them as 1, 2, 3) I suspect you’d have to transform the data through cases or some other way. The reason for this is that while you can change dimension, measure, and table calculation names, you can’t touch their values beyond what the query returns.

I’m very thankful for this - I’d be scared if Looker behaved any other way, personally!

0 Likes

(Dawid) #3

Apologies, should have been more specific - I mean the labels. Right now I just duplicate a metric but would prefer to avoid it

0 Likes

(Ben Silverstein) #4

Oh, I gotcha now. So if it’s on a row, you want it to be titled X, and if on a pivot, you want it titled Y. If I’m now understanding it right, I don’t think I’ve come across a way in Looker yet.

0 Likes

(Dawid) #5

You know how you can change the display name of the label for measures in the Viz settings? It’s not possible for Pivots, nor pivot dimension values… I know it’s an edge case. Coming from Microsoft Reporting Services I am just used to be able to change everything :smiley:

0 Likes