Dahl Consulting is partnering with CarVal Investors is a leading global alternative investment fund manager focused on distressed and credit-intensive assets and market inefficiencies. Since 1987, our experienced team has navigated through ever-changing credit market cycles, opportunistically investing $97 billion in 5,300 transactions across 76 countries. Today, CarVal Investors has approximately $10 billion in assets under management in both credit and real estate strategies.
CarVal Investors is dedicated to attracting and retaining the industry’s best people across asset classes and geographies. CarVal is committed to diversity and inclusion, valuing the full range of life experiences, skills and qualities of our employees. We believe peak effectiveness comes from an engaged, talented, and diverse workforce.
The Data Engineer will join a growing data engineering team to elevate CarVal as a FinTech organization and continue to grow its technology capabilities. The Data Engineer will be responsible for supporting the CarVal’s business needs and collaborate with all teams internally. The Data Engineer will be responsible for delivering and maintaining highly available computing platforms, creating data integration services, and building data products. The role will report to the IT Director of Architecture.
· Deliver and maintain highly available computing platforms.
· Create data integration services
o Leverage systems that collect and transform data from several sources, storing it in highly optimized database systems.
o Services will be written in Python and data will be stored in a combination of Snowflake, and Amazon S3.
· Build data products
o Build custom services that are accessible and internal web-applications that use computed data.
· Maintain ongoing reliability, performance, and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring the computing environments and providing solutions based on application needs and anticipated growth.
· Actively engage in designing the future of the data engineering practice at CarVal.
· Leverage strong technical skills, creative problem solving, and curiosity to provide solutions as CarVal builds out its data engineering practice.
· Deliver robust data solutions based on the business needs and IT strategy.
· Ensure consistent, reliable access to CarVal data.
· Work comfortably with data stack, which includes: Data Warehousing with Snowflake, AWS Aurora, AWS for serving infrastructure, Python, Alooma, Looker.
· 5+ years’ experience working in software development or data engineering .
· Experience working with various relational databases and data warehousing.
· Demonstrated experience delivering production-grade software that scales to usage.
· Demonstrated strong programming skills in Python and SQL.
· Practical experience in best practices for developing data pipelining frameworks.
· Experience demonstrating the ability to learn autonomously and quickly.
· Demonstrated analytical, creative and commercial mindset.
· Demonstrated organizational and detail-orientation skills including multitasking and prioritization.
· Experience taking ownership of work, driving to solve problems and work effectively under pressure.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, willing to proactively engage other team members in fostering a strong collaborative team-oriented environment.
· Demonstrated experience or interest in financial services industry.
Contact Mary Burg at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more today!