Calculation: External Link?

Hey guys,

is it possible to change the format of the calculation? the values are external URLs, and I would like to access them when clicking on those calculated values.

Thanks!

Fab

5 Likes

Hey Fab - it’s not currently possible to have custom linking with table calculations, but I’ll talk to our product team about this!

Hi, I wanted to check if creating an external link with a calculation is something that is possible now, or if that is still something that can only be done on the developer end.

Thanks!

Sofi

Hi @sofiaw – we’ll still need to use Lookml to do custom linking, but I’ll let them our product team know you’re interested in this feature.

Is this still not possible?

Hi @jacopo.chiapparino,

This has been on our Product Team radar for some time. However still not possible with table calcs as Jess mentioned above we’ll still need to use Lookml to do custom linking.

I was just trying to do the same thing, I’d guess still not possible…

Informing the product team that this is still on folks radar as a request. Thanks, Sebastian.

Hey, is this feature available yet?

We have a use case where we have Links in a measure for dashboard drill ins, we use the table calculation to hide the the measure until a relevant filter has been selected in the dashboard.

This is the functionality we want but the table calculation loses the dashboard drill in link associated to the measure.

Hi! This feature would be really helpful, so I hope it’s still on you radar.

Hi Will, hi Sandra,

Although this feature is not yet available, it is definitely on our radar. As a request for this feature has already been filed I will forward your interest to our product team on the issue.

Best.
Jonathan

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the reply, it’s a bit “frustrating” not to be able to look a bit in the future when it comes to these kind of feature requests, some transparency on the backlog for customers would be nice :slight_smile:

E.g. this request was first filed ~3 years ago :wink:

Thanks for the feedback, @jacopo.chiapparino. We are actively working at the moment to have a system for clients to be able to check the latest on bugs and feature requests. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

+1. We would love to be able to add real links to calculations as well like suggested in this thread.

Thank you!

Hi Jean!

I’ve let our product team know about your feedback. Thanks!

Is this still not possible?

Yep, still not released. I’ll move this stranded topic over to Feature Requests so your voice can be better heard.

That would be useful!

Would be useful! :slight_smile:

+1 please!