Essence, part of GroupM, is a global data and measurement-driven media agency whose mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. Clients include Google, Flipkart, NBCUniversal, L’Oreal and the Financial Times. The agency is more than 1,800 people strong, manages $4B in annualized media spend and deploys campaigns in 106 markets via 20 offices in APAC, EMEA and North America.
Visit essenceglobal.com for more information and follow us on Twitter at @essenceglobal
What you will be doing:
- You will be working with the stakeholders to translate the business requirements into a technical output for building models. You will be using LookML at this point.
- You will work to understand the domain knowledge of our customers (Advertising space)
- Share your knowledge of these tools through co-development and training sessions for client
- You will be taking part in deployments of models to our prod and pre-prod systems
- Be the go to looker expert for client projects
- You will be participating in the design of big data warehouses and advise on infrastructure decisions. You will be working with the architects and engineers on this bit.
- Thrive in working on different projects at the same time
- You will be a very hands on developer and expected to work across our core languages (Python, SQL, LookML)
What have you done in the past, what experience you have:
- Experience in building semantic data models in RDBMs or BigData
- You are a SQL guru, and have worked with the RDBMs in the past
- You have worked with tools like (JF knows - says it is an old one) in the past.
- You have proven track of quickly learning the domain knowledge. You can visualize and explain this knowledge in diagrams and appropriate artefacts.
- Proven analysis and problem-solving skills
What you need to know:
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Experience translating business requirements into technical solutions
- Experience with BI tools in a business environment
- Be able to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to learn new tools and assimilated knowledge quickly
Bonus Points for:
- Previous experience with Looker
- Previous experience training others in technical skills
- Experience with all or any cloud based data warehouse; Bigquery, Snowflake, Redshift
- Familiarity with GCP and/or AWS
- You have experience with visualisation tools like Tableau and Looker
- You can write Python; you will be using it as a tool to speed up your work
What you can expect from Essence
Essence’s mission is to make advertising more valuable to the world. We do this by employing the world’s very best talent to solve some of the toughest challenges of today’s digital marketing landscape. It’s important that we hire people whose values reflect those of our own: genuine, results-focused, daring and insightful. As an Essence employee, we promise you a workplace that invests in your career, cares for you and is fun and engaging. We believe these factors create a workplace where you can be yourself and do amazing work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.